Heart pounding, dry nasal passages, sore deltoids. Have herniated discs. Diabetic, hypertensive. Suggestions?

I woke up this morning restless and found my heart pounding like awaking from a bad dream. It didn t feel like it was pounding until I moved slightly. Also, I found my nasal passages dry (normal for Arizona) so I got up..stretched a little, went to the bathroom, took a single aspirin then added a couple of drops of tap water up my nose to temporarily stop the dryness. After a couple of minutes, I couldn t breath through my nose like it was head congestion. I blew my nose and went back to bed, but couldn t get comfortable. My deltoids are very sore (since I sleep on my sides) and I ve had herniated disks in the past. Upon laying back down, the heart started to accelerate again a little and the pain in my back left shoulder returned. I am type 2 diabetic with hypertension (controlled). Any suggestions on the elevated heart which has now returned to normal?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013