Heart palpitations that ends with a loud thump, on treatment for infection in sinus cavity. Worrisome?

For aprx. 3 weeks I have been experiencing heart palpitations (fluttering) 10x + day that I am aware. Now, it s changed: in addition to palps, I have a strange beat occurring that ends in a strong thump ---so instead of lubb, dubb, lubb, dubb--my beat sounds more like lub-lub-lub-DUBB. The final Thumb is so strong it feels like my heart is jumping out of my chest and/or throat . I am currently being treated for a serious infection in my sinus cavities after a root-canal gone bad--all of which coincidentally began around the same time. But otherwise, all has been well. Should I be concerned? Is this ER worthy or just a visit to my primary. I only ask, because it seems so constant today. I am a 43yr Female, diagnosed w/ epilepsy 7 months ago. Currently taking Cymbalta 30mg 1/d, Topamax 50mg 1/d.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012