Heart palpitations, irregular heartbeat. No family history of heart problems. Causes and treatment?

hello, i m 14 years old and these past few days i ve been having heart palpitations and an irregular heartbeat which can speed up or slow down randomly. i am relatively slim and fit, but these days even the slightest bit of exercise can get my heart racing. i went to the gp and he measured my heart rate and said that nothing was wrong, however i m still feeling these symptoms and it s really worrying me. my family keep telling me it s just stress but i can t get it out of my mind. also, most of my family members have lived long lives and have had no heart problems. please give me your opinion
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013