Heart occasionally beats harder than normal causing shortness of breath, on BP medicines. What could be the cause?

My heart will occasionally beat like once or twice and its best described as being harder than normal.. It will kinda take my breath away also and that happrns everytime too.... I am 35 and have hypertension but take meds... Ehat is happening ?? I am a disabled vet and my only health care is through the VA which sometimes really isnt the best and it makes me nervous because its happening more frequent .... From maybe once everybtwo weeks to now about a year later like 3-6 times a day.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012