Heart flutters,palpitations and irregular heartbeat with percocet

Hello. I am a 40 year old female, 5 5,126 lbs. I have been taking percocet 10mg s for about 10 months for pain in my back. 2 days ago out of nowhere i started experiencing irregular heartbeat...palpitations...fluttering feeling in my chest . No other pain or breathing trouble or rash. Its just kind of scary. Why would this occur out of nowhere? What causes it? I used to take pain medication 7 yrs ago and i remember something like this happening and then it subsided. I just dont understand how i can take something for months that has really helped my pain and have this occur. Will it go away? Is it dangerous? I have tried to contact my doctor but he is out of town for the holiday and wont return until tuesday the 5th. I just want to make sure im not going to have a heart attack or something.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jul 2011