Heart flops or stops, flop or throb in chest, pulse stops, ER, EKG, normal blood work, treadmill stress test, smoke, anxiety

I have this feeling in my chest at the very bottom of my sternum, it feels like my heart flops or stops. I was taking my pulse in my neck and at the exact time I felt the flop or throb in my chest, I could feel my pulse stop also. I got a stethoscope and listened to my heart, and while listening, it also seemed like when I felt the throb that I heard my heart stop. I have went to the e.r. 3 times thinking I was having a heart attack, ekg and bloodwork came back normal and was referred to a cardiologist for a treadmill stress test, my doc said I passed with flying colors. I am a 30 yr. Old woman, and a smoker, and these feelings are causing me great discomfort and anxiety. What is wrong with me and how do I stop it?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012