Heart beat sound in ears, whooshing sound on closing ears. Cure?

I am experiencing a heart beat sound in my ears. It came on suddenly a couple of days ago and although i dont notice it much in the day with everyday sounds around me when i am in a quiet room or put my fingers in my ears I can hear the whooshing sound very clearly which is in time with my heart beat. A dr has looked in my ears and they are clear. I just want it to go away. Please help
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
please send me ur age and profession and any medication u r having these days