Heart beat abnormal. Can food cause this? Why is thyroid level low? Related?

I am an old male of 72. my heart beats from 82 to 110 at 1.15a.m. up to 9.30a.m.on 22-5-2012. It may be due to eatting a bowl of congee at dinner time. It beats harder than usual when I pee at night time . Upon heart spectialist advice,everyday I take one tab.of rivaroxaban( 20mg) for blood thinning and 1 coversyl(8mg)with 1 Hydrochlorothiazide to improve blood pressure .I have taken them for one week already,but there is no sign of improvement.I have made heart echo sound, blood test , wore holter to check daily heart-beat. Echo-sound report revealed that at 1.15 after mid-night my heart was slow and after catches up again. My tyroid level is slightly low.She,the doctor doesn t need me to install a pace-maker. Yesterday(21-5-20 ) I still felt comfortable. For information,my resting heart-rate is 56-62,I exercise for 25 min. each day, no wine, smoke , coffe and herb, but still my heart beats faster than other person when peeing at day time, this condition happens for quite a no. of years but my family doctor does not give me any medication on it. Please give me an answer to ease my heart palpitation whenever I pee. Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012