Heart attack, diabetic shock, pneumonia and low BP. How long in ICU?

I am searching the web for answers tonight. My dad suffered a . They intubated him that night. It has been 7 days now, blood sugar and blood pressure are stabilized. He had sepsis but kidney function restarted and now they say no dialysis is --- immediate. He has a blockage and needs to be transported for heart CAT, but they cannot do this until he is off life support. They started weaning him 2 days ago, but he isn t doing much except rolling his eyes into back of his head, making facial expressions and lifting his arm into the air. I am assuming this still means brain function? There are like 5 different doctors. I get it, it s REALLY bad. What long term effects might everything cause? Or no way to tell until he wakes up? If he is not able to breathe on his own, thy leave him intubated and then what? He gets transferred to a life support place??? How long does someone stay in ICU like this? Will he be asleep for the heart CAT and stint if he makes it that far? what other testing might be done after/if he awakes? He has a 50/50 chance of living.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012