Heart attack, blood clot. Prognosis? Taking blood thinners, nitro pills

My husband, age 37 (non-smoker, heathly weight, non-diabetic), survived the Widow Maker this past May (May 21st) with bypass surgery. There was significant damage, his ejection rate is estimated at about 35%. He has had another heart attack since (August 28th) due to a massive blood clot that formed over the damaged part of his heart, some broke free and traveled through. This we are told did not cause any more damage. What I want to know is what is my husband s prognosis , but his Dr keeps skirting around the question. This last time they put him on blood thinners and sent him home with Nitro pills to carry with him at all times. How long can he survive like this? Will he eventually need more surgeries or even possibly a transplant? We have three young children and I want him to be around to see them grow up, what do I need to do to make sure it happens?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012