Hello and thanks for writing to us
As a jr. to a cardiologist in chandigarh i would like to answer your query. You have undergone angioplasty
and it will take 4-6 weeks to return to your normal life style. But since you have an heart attack
and revived from it, now you have to change your lifestyle a lot so that you can't get it again:
1. Stop smoking
and alcohol (Can take alcohol once a week but not more than 60 ml and you have to do extra exercise to burn the extra calories) but no smoking at all.
2. Start Brisk walking at least 5km per day in 1 hr
3. Can take fish and chicken but only roasted
4. As you are diabetic do get check your blood sugar regularly and HbA1c
once in 3 months to get control over your diabetic
5. Take all fruits except Mango, Banana, sweet grapes and Chiku
6. Try to eat baked food.
7. Make a diet chart according to your interest and take calories according to your height and weight
8. Try to loose weight for better life style.
Get a regular follow up with your Cardiologist and take regular medication as per his advice
Hope you will follow the advice and will not get the heart attack again
Dr. Dinesh Kumar Bhatia