Heart attack 17 years ago,single bypass,Coronary heart disease,shortness of breath,clogged arteries,necrosis of heart

Yes, thank you for being here. My husband is 55 years old. He had a heart attack at 38, a single bypass, and was diagnosed with CHD. He has had shortness of breath for about a year now and has contributed it to being out of shape. I made him for for a physical. Our PCP said he needed to have a Stress Test done, which was scheduled for today; however at the testing center, his Cardiologist told him he could not do the stress test as his heart was only working at a 50% capacity. (they did an EKG and some time of ultrasound of the heart, which confirmed the 50%) They then told him he could have clogged arteries or nicrosis of the heart, then sent him home! In my medical experience as a nurse, he should be in the hospital getting an angiogram or somethine. Please advise. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012