Heart Murmurs, What exactly are they and are they herditary ? Please answer

Heart Murmurs... What exactly are they and are they herditary? Please answer!? I ve had a heart murmur since birth. I m 16 and it s never bothered me. My doctor in the past had told my mom that it s nothing to worry about. I went to the doctor in Oct. 2008 and he sent me to get an EKG just to check on it and make sure everything was okay. The results showed everything was fine, and the murmur hasn t gotten bigger or worse or anything, but it s still there. But more than once, when i ve gone to the dentist, i had to take like an antibiotic to make sure I wouldn t get no when I had my braces put on and when I got them taken off. What does that mean? Is it just like a pre-caution? Also, I wanted to know since I plan on having kids [one day lol] are they heriditary? Like when I get pregnant, does my kid have more of a chance of having health issues and heart problems etc.. I know I worry a lot for a 16 year old, but whatever lol. Please answer my questions!! Thnx 3
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009