Hearing problem in left ear, buzzing sound, dizziness. Any ideas?

HI I woke up on Thursday and couldn't hear from my left ear, although I can't hear but I can hear like a buzzing and air sound, very frustrating its also making dizzy when I stand. Not sure what I should do, it has kinda stopped me from standing, been laying down I guess it make it feel better, don't like the dizziness. I believe I'm gonna make an appt. with ear, nose and throat doctor. Almost wish to go to emergency to make it stop because the dizziness is overwhelming.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
it is urgent as it look like minears diease
which has same
get immediate consultation with doctor
start with steroids to prevent further damage