Hearing problem, clogged ear feeling. History of ear problems. Been on antibiotics. Suggestions?

I have been on antibiotic for almost ten days. One night, I had severe coughing fit due I cold, felt pain in right ear. Have had no hearing for two weeks. When I blow my nose, my right ear pops but no relief. The doctor who prescribed the antibiotic said I had an ear infection. It feels like my ear is plugged, but when it pops it feels like there's a flap that opens and closes, hence, the feeling of plugged still remains and cannot hear. I do have a history of ear problems, had tubes in six times as a child. I am now in my forties and haven't had an ear infection in 20 years. Is this something serious I should be concerned about?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013