Hearing loss, bloody ear after kerosene got into ears. Suggestions?

hi my boyfriend was playing around with kerosine and putting it in a can and him and his friend started playing around and then he got it all over him. When he went to bed he could hear fine and when he woke up it was all bloody in his left eardrum and could not hear a thing. Later on when he burped he could hear a slight, slight little... I mainly need to know if the kerosine (k1) could cause this and if his hearing will come back? What do we need to watch out for?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
the problem with kerosene is that it has low surface area so it enters the respiratory tract very easily.
You need to consult a doctor to get him checked.
the hearing part will come back but it will take around occurs because of eustachian tube dysfunction. A tube connecting back of nose to middle part of ear.
decongestant medicine can be taken for that, you can consult your doctor for that
in doubt do reply