Hearing loss after ear infection. Numbness in external ear and cheek. Swooshing heartbeat sound in the ear. What is the reason?

Hi i had a bad ear infection in march, where I went totally deaf. And my external ear and cheek went numb. For quite a while before this , mainly at night in bed I had like a swooshing heartbeat . I went back to the drs last week as this swooshing us continuing and still abit of pain. He gave me drops called vistamethasone. The sound in my ear hasn t gone but changed its not so much like a heartbeat but like the sound of bass in music it s continuous it s really effecting my sleep now and so annoying when awake. What is this?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012