Hearing loss. Had a tube inserted. Buzzing sound. Suggestion?

I am wondering if I will get my hearing loss back. I had a tube put in several weeks ago to equalize pressure due to buzzing noises and ringing. Two days later I got an ear infection , which took a few weeks to clear up. In the meantime, I lost most of the hearing in that ear and the tube fell out on its own. The doctor says that over half my ear drum is missing. He has put a patch to help it grow back. But I wonder how realistic it is for my hearing to return at this point
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013