Hearing impairment for few weeks. Outside noise seems mute, difficulty in listening to own voice. What could this be?

This past few weeks I have Been hearing as if my head where in a pillow 1/2 way pressed against both ears ...When I talk it seems I can not hear as well,... and outside noise as cars going by seem muted and have no definition or high end >>>! Some light ringing however not over-powering all is just muffled...I am concerned as I have "Great Hearing and this is a surprise to me...! What are your thoughts? ?
Regards Clayton...PS., I do not at this time have the fee of even 15.00 Unemployed and concerned what to do...I guess I'll need to wait till I've another job to get some help...Sorry
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013