Hearing impaired. Cold, ringing sound in ears, heaviness in head. Works in noisy environment. Reason?

hi i had a cold a few days ago and slowly calming down but i notices yesterday morning after waking up i had a ringing noise in my left ear its been constant for 2 days now whats worst is I'm hearing impaired so i don't not know if I've loss any more hearing also I've been getting a bit of pain and discomfort and my head feels a bit heavy so I've been to the doctors explain the situation as writing now they found fluid behind my ear drum and said they would give me antibiotics but i never got any but instead I've been given advice to take pain killers and they think the cause might be due to cold so not to worry.. could you agree? at the same time i work in a noisy environment and i listen to music a lot at times i don't realise how loud but i haven't been at work for 3 months due to accident and ive cut down on listening to music due i notice my ear was getting soar and that was 6 months ago and never had ringing in ear since the cold..
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013