Heard acrylic jewellery is porous and leaks toxins into the ear. Second opinion?

Yes I am currently stretching my ear lobes ( gauging ) and I keep hearing that acrylic jewelry is porous and leaks toxins into your ear. I m currently at an 8G and I ve left my acrylic plugs in for the 3-4 days I have stretched my ears and there is no problem at all so far. I take them out, soak them in rubbing alcohol mixed with peroxide and clean my ears with anti bacterial soap then run vitamin E oil on it. Every thing seams to be fine. What s the big deal?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
Thanks for your query
I can feel your concern
you should avoid jewllery of specific metal you are alergic too . I recommend to have a proper clinical examination
Hope it helps
Dr imran