Heard a popping noise from knee on squatting, persistent swelling, freezing sensation from knee to foot. What could be wrong?

Hi ,last Monday I was squatting and I jerked front and back fast hearing a popping noise come from my knee I panicked. Swelling started to form immediate by my LCL as they days went I could not walk tues. or wed. For the world . The swelling then moved up turning into a big golf ball. By Friday it appeared At the top of my knee. And today it s still there it really bothers me when I squat it pulls from my lower quad to my patella . And I can feel a freezing sensation coming from my knee down my shin to my foot . I ve been asking and hearing for a week now. What do you think is wrong with my knee? Should I see a doctor ?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013