Hear sound in left ear continuosly

my mom i s suffer i ng from a problem we dnt know wt i s the ma i n problem bt she constantly heas sound i n her left ear
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with Healthcaremagic. I will do my best to help you.

Your mother is most likely suffering from tinnitus. This is an inner-ear problem sometimes caused by a viral infection. If its accompanied by bouts of severe dizziness (vertigo) the we call it Meniere's Disease.

If this does not go away very soon then she need to see a doctor. An underlying cause should be sought and where possible, appropriate treatment given. Assure your mother that it is unlikely that there is anything serious behind her symptoms.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

ENT Specialist Dr. S K Pratinidhi's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcare magic forum,
Ringing in ear called as tinnitus. But as u told sounds in ear means a hissing / ringing sound or u mean to say some kind of voice she hears. If it is hissing or ringing sounds then it is related to inner or middle ear problems and u can consult an ENT specialist . But if u mean she hears some kind of voice then u must urgently consult a psychiatrist for evaluation.