Healthy pulse rate for a man

hi. i m 20 year old man. height 170 cm. weight 146 pounds. but my pulse rate is 80 per minute. is it healthy pulse rate for me?
Asked On : Thu, 20 May 2010
HI , thanks for your query.
The normal pulse rate ranges from 70 to 100. This will vary depending upon the whether the person is at rest or not or on anxiety. Your pulse rate is normal .
Have a healthy life !
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi.... Mr.evan....
welcome to HCM..,
1) Why you are worrying about your pulse it create any problem to you?
2) Pulse rate is not related to age and height of the body (Slight variation will be there) is depend on the size of your heart...forcing of your heart ...o.k..,
3) now come to the point....the normal pulse rate of your age varied between 60 to 100 beats / minute.....
4) it is depend on........time.., that is mornig and evening.., movement of your body activities..,
5)so 80 per minute is absolute normal for you o.k...forget this and concentrate your studies...goodluck..,

the ideal pulse rate for a person to which all Drs agree is 72 pulses per minute. however, the normal varying values for peoples of different areas is from 65 to 85 pulses per you should have no worry. it is quite a normal value. perhaps you live in areas of high altitude.where heart or pulse rate generally increases. but still if you are not from high altitude areas then you should have no worries at this pulse rate.