Thank you for posting your query.
For a patient with seizure
, these are the do's and don'ts:
1. Take medications regularly, without fail. This is because the commonest cause of recurrence of seizures is missing taking anti epileptic drugs.
2. Sleep adequately (7-8 hours) at night, as lack of sleep can increase the risk of seizures.
3. Eat food on time and avoid fasting.
4. Avoid stress
5. Avoid swimming and driving for at least six months after the last seizure.
6. In case you develop itching or rash
, stop the medications and contact your doctor.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist