Healthy, fit, non-smoker, normal pulse, irregular beat. Normal?

I am a healthy active ( gym several days a week for weight and cardio training) 61 year old nonsmoking male. Within the last few days I have noticed an irregular heart beat in the evenings. It is my regular beat with an extra beat every third or fourth beat. As is beat.......beat.......beat.......beat.beat.beat.......beat.......beat.beat.......beat.......beat. You get the idea. When I check my pulse in the morining or during the day it seems quite normal. Could this be temporary?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012