Health checkup showed borderline cholesterol level. Suggested Rozavel-F. On strict diet, eating healthy, increased physical activity and intake of fiber. Can I stop the medicine?

My recent health checkup has showed borderline cholesterol level (222). LDL - 147 Triglycerides - 195 HDL - 34 My physician suggested to take Rozavel-F for 2-3 months and do a Lipid profile check (taking the meds from past 2 months). Also i am following strict diet - stopped Chicken, Egg, prawns, sweets, fried items and processed food from 3 months (i don t eat red meat). Eating lots of fruits, vegetables and increased my physical activity (30-45 mins of walk/jogging). Also increased my intake of fiber (Olive oil, nuts , walnuts, flag seeds etc). Can i stop taking Rozavel-F. Please advise as i don t want to depend on meds.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012