Healing wound on the knuckle. Applied medication. Skin peeling off and darkened. Finger difficult to bend. Is it normal?

Hi I cut my knuckle three weeks ago with a sedated blade. It bleed quite heavily for the remainder of that evening but a friend with medical training applied and antibiotic ointment and bandaged the finger . It has now healed but the skin above the cut is a darker colour now than the rest. The area around the cut itches and the skin is now peeling off and I have a lump above the cut which makes it quite painful to bend. I just wondered if this is normal? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012