Healing from laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication, having left side pain in lower rib and spleen areas. Is it related ?

Hello - I had laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication (s/p 9 weeks) and, from my follow-ups and research seem to be on track to healing properly. That said, within the past 3 days, I m experiencing left side pain in the lower rib and spleen areas. It feels akin to a bruise , yet there has been no injury or stress to that area to my knowledge. Is this likely related to my surgery or probably a separate issue?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012