Healing from a broken arm. Severe pain the arm and wrist, numbness in fingers. Reason?

hi i broke my left arm in 2007, had screws/surgery and wore a cast for about 5 months. I experience severe pain in my arm where it was broken and in my wrist where it was broken and the pain is so bad that it sometimes prevents me from using my fingers properly, or grasping/lifting stuff with that hang and also sometimes my fingers will go numb/tingly... what is causing this? is it normal and what can i do about it? thanks
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012