Headaches, swollen tongue, hoarse voice. X-ray shows shadow on left lung. No history of smoking. Chances of Lung cancer?

Hi there, this is about my mum. She is 63 years old, never smokes but a few weeks ago she started getting headaches , then her tongue swelled up a bit now her voice is hoarse. She went for a xray and found a shadow on her left lung . I am in tears worrying about her. The doctors are sending her for a CT scan next friday and results will take up to 2 weeks. I am so worried its cancer , i can bear to not have her in my life... She also has an enlarged heart , and high blood pressure.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012