Headaches, sweating, teeth removed, pain in left side of face, using pain killers. Cure?

sir i am frequently suffering from headache . At the time of morning running i will get wanting sensation and after that sweating. Two years before left side wisdom teeth removed and recently upper teeth also removed. but now also i am getting pain that side (left side of face). that pain starts and if i use any tablet again normal. if i use any pain killer it will be normal. what to do in this case.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, please see a neurologist for evaluation and confirmation of the diagnosis.

The most likely diagnosis in your case is a migraine headache, which is known to get aggravated with exercise such as walking or running.

There are good medications available to reduce the severity and frequency of headaches. These include beta blockers, topiramate and divalproex.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: