Headaches, strong vertigo, vision unclear. What could have happened?

Hello - i am a healthy 49 y.o. woman, no prescription drugs , no smoking/drinking, only otc pain relievers for occasional headaches . Today I was driving and had a feeling of very strong vertigo , but instead of it lasting for a second or so, it lasted for close to 5 minutes. My vision seemed as though it was doing the same thing as the feeling in my head, so I couldn t see clearly to drive (not blurry, though). I pulled off the road & sat for a few minutes & the feeling persisted. It went away after about 5 minutes, & I feel completely fine now. Any idea what that may have been? My husband thinks I should go to the doctor, but I m not sure how he d even figure out what it was. Thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012