Headaches, stress, thin vein popping out from neck. Treatment options?

Hi. Yes please. I am 37 years old and female. I eat a better than average meal plan and workout regularly, for the last month. I am 5 2 and currently weigh 150lb. I have had weird headaches for about six months. My chest gets flush with stress sometimes. Now, I have a thin vein popping out on the left side of my neck and it hurts down in the tissue .
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms. The most common cause of headaches in your case could be migraines.

Bulging vein is not an issue as it could be a normal finding.

In addition, there could be stress or anxiety.

As of now, I would suggest you to take analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac tablets for pain relief.

In addition, ensure good sleep.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist

Neurologist Dr. Sudhir Kumar's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

In addition, ensure good sleep.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist