Headaches, sore throat, viral infection, excessive sleep, rashes, swelling and stiffness in ankles, lower limbs pain. Why?

Hi I have been to my G.P today and diagnosed with a viral infection I have sore throat, very tired for last 3-4 days sleeping a lot, a rash appeared initially on my palm of my hands yesterday, this morning on my legs and has progressed to most of my body, but mostly legs, I have quite swollen ankles and stiffness to my lower limbs, was given pain killer due to bad headaches for last three days and antihistamine,
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013