Headaches, knots above ear, swollen lymph nodes. Treatment for symptoms?

i am having extreamly painful headaches but the strange part is I have knots that come up above and behind my ear area when i get theses head aches once the head ache is gone the knot is gone. the first knot was one the top back of my neck where my neck and scalp meet. only the first one was there lasted for about an hour and is gone now every time it is above behind ear area. what is this its so painful but with out insurance i dont want to go to the doctor and pay for cat scans or other test out of pocket.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013