Headaches, dizziness, stomach cramps. Why is BP high? Is vertrol recommended?

i am 67 years of age.I went to see my doctor last week because i have been having headache dizziness and he told me my blood pressure was high,170 over 100,and give me Losacar-H and i take one tablet once a day,but i still have dizzy headaches from time to time,and i have a like squizy stomach ache,do you think it is side affects from the tablet?And as well the doctor as give tablets for dizzy headaches they are called vertrol 16mg,but the doctor told me only take them if you need them,but i have never taken any should i take them if i need?and as well i have had some test done for blood sugar, urinalysis ,and cholesterol etc,but i don t no the results yet till i see the total cholesterol is 5.47 and sugar fasting 6.49,do you think that is high?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012