Headaches, chills and fever after having a detached retina surgery. Vomited. History of diabetes and chronic kidney disease

My husband is a diabetic and just had detached retina surgery and is now having bad headaches, chills, fever and has thrown up his dinner. He also has chronic kidney disease and will be going on dialysis in a few months. I am just wondering if these flu-like symptoms have anything to do with all these conditions. Thank you for your help. He is feeling very weak right now. I just need to know what to do for him.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013