Headaches, back pain. On fizzy drinks. Kidneys reacting?

I am 29 years old and I have never really drank anything but Mountain Dews. The older I got the more in a day I drank. Due to religion I have recently been convicted of this addiction in my life. I've substituted Mountain Dew with Cierra Mist with an occasional Pepsi (to wane myself of caffeine). The headaches that resulted from quitting only lasted 2 days and now I have a terrible pain in my back. Is it possible that my kidneys are reacting?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
no, your kidneys are not reacting.
pain is due to muscular spasm (muscular pain) and it may last for 5-7 days after you stop the substance use.