Headaches after cavity removal. Taking painkillers for relief. Reason for headache?

Hi! I had a cavity removed and filled about a week ago (now have a temporary crown until my permanent one comes in), but I ve been having headaches on the same side of the head ever since. I take ibuprofen or advil an the pain goes away, but I can t keep taking painkillers forever. Does it have to do with the tooth or maybe it s the ear? I have no pain in the tooth. No ringing in the ear, no imbalance, I wake up sweaty and hot, though. Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012