Headache with TMJ pains, jaw pain on opening the mouth, muscle tightness in neck and shoulders, use mouth guard. Is it serious?

hi, I have been dealing with headaches daily for about 2 months now. I have a history of tension headaches but they appeared rarely. Lately i have been experiencing bad headaches with a suspected TMJ pains, my jaw is constantly aching along with the headaches. The headaches are around my head sometimes on the right side more ( where the suspected TMJ is) ny jaw hurts when opening my mouth, i get pain in my forehead and my face hurts too mostly in my right jaw and cheek bone near my ear. I have tight muscles in my neck and shoulders. I have used a mouth guard but this has not helped. I have been doctors many times. But nothing helps. I am waiting to see a neurologist , but this will take forever. I am worried there is something serious going on?
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012