Headache when watching TV or films. Any suggestions?

My husband has had a sensitivity all his life to 16mm films- felt ill with terrible headache after watching for a few moments. He could stay away from that but since buying a new flat screen computer and screen he is unable to watch it without feeling nauseated with a headache that then persists for hours. So he is chained to his 15 year old PC and screen which will sooner ( he s tried all permutations of new computer with old screen etc) or later leave him out of luck from an It point of view. When buying our larger flat screen TV we had to actually return the Samsung for a Sony which he could tolerate (HD). Any suggestions??
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that your husband is having headache along with nausea for long time.
The size of the screen does not matter but illumination in the room matters.
The condition classically seen after viewing film in dark illumination is an attack of acute narrow angle glaucoma.
Hence this has to be ruled out first.
The other condition to be considered is migraine headache.
Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you