Headache, running nose, swelling in throat, sweating, chills. Taking paracetamol and flu-max medication, no relief. Treatment for symptoms?

hey i have been ill for the last 4 days and ive been taking paracetamol and flu-max ll-in-one chesty cough and cold tablets and they are not doing anything for me i have got really bad pressure on my head runny nose bad chest cough my throat is swollen but i havent got any tostails had them taken out years ago really bad pains in my stomach and my back and keep going really hot sweety and then going really cold i have rung my doctor today and they said just take paracetamol which i have for 4 days now and nothing is working the pain sometimes is to bad to cope with its having me crying in the middle of the night its that bad? i just wanna know whats up with me ?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012