Headache, one hand cooler than other, short term memory loss, has hypothyroidism. Any ideas?

My father is 61. He is overweight and smokes. Heis being treated for hypertension , diabetes, and cholesterol concerns. He has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism , but does not take his medicine because after taking it for 2 weeks, he said he didn t notice a difference. He had an episode at work where he became dizzy and unsteady on his feet. I came to pick him up and by the time we came home he said he was feeling some better, bit it took a day for the dizziness to go away. He complains of a headache and has noticed that one hand is cooler than the other hand. He has very little memory of that night, but remembers what has happened since. Any ideas what might be going on?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012