Headache on left side, blacked out and fainted

Hi, I frequently gets headache and every time on left hand side and i am having these headaches from last 6-7 years. sometimes i blacked out and faints and come around in 5-10 mints. Please let me know what to do as i already gone through CT scan but that was done 3-4 yrs ago.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having headache with attacks of black outs of vision, fainting...
These symptoms indicate primary headaches like migraine. Since CT scan is also normal this confirms the diagnosis of migraine.
The treatment of the migraine is by using analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs in acute phase and use of prophylactic drugs like flunarizine to prevent recurrent attacks.
Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment accordingly.

Thank you