Headache, foggy vision, numbness in head, neck pain, sensitive scalp, lump on neck

Really bad head ache all last night I had a foggy vision , yhe left side of my head felt numb I had pain in back of my eye poor balance, my head was extremely hot on the left side above my forhead. I felt better but then my neck started to hurt it my head felt really tender to touch I went to bed I felt really hot around my neck I was sweating and my throat and head started to hurt and so did my back. I no longer have the warm feeling but my head still hurts I kind of feel out of it I m exhausted and my scalp is really really sensitive to touch can barely touch or brush my hair. I also have noticed some lumps on my neck by the jaw line and behind my neck I have had them for a while now and they seem harder and bigger. I m 31 and with family history of cancer
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

Your symptoms are suggestive of herpes zoster which is usually a viral infection and affects one particular dermatome i e part of skin supplied by single nerve. This is characterized by small blisters which are fluid filled and are present along the skin supplied by the affected nerve. I suggest you get an examination done by a GP nearby you to rule out herpes zoster. This disease is also associated with swelling of lymph nodes that drain that region.