Headache, fever, shivering. Taking paracetamol, drinking cold water. Treatment?

My son has come home, after being out in the sun today, feeling very poorly. He is 7 years old. He has a really bad headache and a temperature of 40 still, despite having paracetamol 2 hours ago, and driinking lots of cold water. His body is hot but he is shivering with cold. He is very tired but is watching tv and eating ok. I cant seem to lower his temperature any lower and wondered if it was ok for him to go to sleep? He does not have sunburn anywhere.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012