Headache, dizziness. Coordination problem. What could it be?

My granddaughter very recently was having severe headaches with dizziness. She had a catscan and it came back abnormal and is scheduled for an MRI on Wed. She is seven years old. The doctors think it may be schizencephaly. She has a problem on her left side with her coordination. She cannot touch her thumb to the fingers and cannot walk on heel on her left side. She is very bright but her reading has been a bit of a struggle which is unusual as her sisters and brothers read early. We live in Alaska and I am not very confident with the facilities here. Am trying not to freak out until we know more. Could it be something else and do you know any good facilities we can contact if it becomes necessary?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013