Headache, bruise on calf, no pain, itching. Indication of sinister problem?

I have had a headache that has gradually gotten worse over the last 3 hours. It started on the left hand side behind my eye and spread to the right hand side within 30 mins. It is throbbing, but I have taken paracetamol and codeine which have taken the edge off enough for me to look at the computer screen on dim. I also just discovered a deep purple bruise at the top of my calf that was not there 12 hours ago and have not had any trauma to my leg. The bruise is not at all painful to press. I am 118kg, 157cm tall and a smoker (approx 8 roll-ups a day). I am also taking 2 Noriday tablets ( norethisterone ) once a day as directed by my physician. I have poly-cystic ovaries, have a fatty liver which was diagnosed 3 weeks ago. I also was told at my last blood test that I may have pre-diabetes. I get eczema so am not able to tell you if I ve been excessively itchy because I m always itchy! My skin is a normal colour for me-no yellowing. I would like to know if the bruise and headache could be indicating something more sinister?
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012