Headache after an injury to head, difficulty in opening the mouth and eating. Reason?

Hi, 2 weeks ago I clashed heads with another player whilst playing soccer. The impact was on the right side of my head, above my ear and behind the temple area. It was very painful but there was no loss of consciousness or vomiting etc although I did have a headache for quite a while. The area was extremely tender and painful to touch for over a week and even now, 2 weeks later, it is still quite tender. There is a new problem now though as whenever I open my mouth quite wide, when eating or yawning, my jaw movement is restricted by pain in the area of my head that was injured. What could be causing this?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013